Most homeowners don’t think about the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or unless it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be very useful to know how it keeps food cold—and C&B Chino Hills Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out what you need to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is time to connect with refrigerator repair Chino Hills.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many homes that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-have appliance for many years. A residential refrigerator is able to store your food at the optimal temperature, in order to reduce spoiling and slow down bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the outside, by relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call C&B Chino Hills Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and motor, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional company if the compressor stops working.
A condenser is located on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and is there to release the heat collected from inside the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
A evaporator is housed on the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth trapped within it, effectively reducing the temperature inside the appliance.
Right when the evaporator isn’t working, it is time to find a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquid coolant is transported through a capillary tube that works as an expansion tool to cool the gas, transforming the gas back into liquid.
A thermostat regulates the current temperature within the refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle as needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Chino Hills for service right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature within the refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the next cool down begins. The appliance collects the cool liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the unit, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and reverts to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues on its trip towards the evaporator component, pushing through the coils in the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, thereby returning the temperature down to the desired set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and turns back to a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in several applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from one place and transferring it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a home, provides a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require service? You can schedule repair with C&B Chino Hills Appliance Repair.
C&B Chino Hills Appliance Repair can fix most popular brands and models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced repairman in Chino Hills complete training to fix cooling problems, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart controls and numerous other malfunctions. We know refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2021  C&B Chino Hills Appliance Repair